Monday, March 2, 2009

Conversations with my Sweater

Thanks to an unexpected afternoon off of work I finally had the time to washing and blocking my first sweater. It went something like this:

Me: alright you, in the wash you go
Sweater: hey, not so hot! I'm part wool, remember??!
Me: Oh shit! sorry about that.
Sweater: Ahhhh... cool water. That's much better.
Me: Ok, we'll just soak you for a few minutes there and I'll be right back.

30 minutes later


Sweater: Hey... hey... HEY! The water's freezing! Get me out of here!
Me: sorry... I got distracted
Sweater: It's a good thing you don't have any kids
Me: Geeze you're heavy when you're wet
Sweater: What's that supposed to mean??
Me: nothing, just, that you're well, not exactly a lightweight.
Sweater: Are you calling me fat?

after the first attempt at pinning

Me: Why is one sleeve longer than the other when I knit the exact same number of stitches?
Sweater: I don't know what you're talking about...
Me: Don't make me bust out the measuring tape
Sweater: You shouldn't have called me fat
Me: sigh Here we go again...




And for all you knit knackers, yes, those are your blanket squares still drying above the sweater.

2 comments:

  1. Ask your sweater if it's dry enough yet for you to try it on for photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hold on....

    Yup, it's totally pissed that it's bone dry and still pinned to the futon. Perhaps if it stops being so sassy I'll free it and snap some shots.

    ReplyDelete