Thursday, March 11, 2010

What was I thinking?

I've finally decided to submit a pattern to Knitty Magazine. The mitts that I made for fellow knit knacker Amber (and mentioned in a previous post) rolled right off of my needles so effortlessly and I couldn't believe how much I liked they way they turned out. On a whim I checked Knitty's submission page and found out that the next deadline is March 15 - right around the corner - so I thought "why not?"

Since I made the decision last week to go for it I've been pouring over the pattern again and again with a fine tooth comb. I think it's finally as good as it's going to get. The next step is taking quality photos, so this afternoon I have a girlfriend coming over to do a photo shoot wearing the mitts. After that, all there is to do is send it in and wait.

Needless to say, I'm really nervous about this submission.I honestly don't expect my pattern to be accepted, especially since this is my first time ever submitting one (but it would be cool if it was!). Even so, I think this is a logical next step for me. Plus, I've heard that the editors give valuable feedback, and who couldn't use that?

No comments:

Post a Comment