Monday, March 1, 2010

The Trouble with Tribbles...

...is that they are fast and easy to make, thus becoming an addiction for those knitters (ahem) who like instant gratification projects. I think each one took maybe 2 hours tops to do, including the seaming. Here are the Tribble dish scrubbers that I pumped out last night during the last hours of the Olympic games:



I've put the Coffee Tunic on hold for the time being, because I want to get started on a pair of mitts of my own design for a fellow knit knacker who is crocheting a hacky sack for Guy. Last night, when I couldn't get back to sleep after the baby's 3 am feeding, I lay in bed brainstorming what the mitts should look like. This morning when I got up I jumped on the computer and threw down my ideas on paper, along with a chart, and scoped out the stash yarn that I could use for the project. I found Knit Picks Palette in Cream, Marine Heather, and Calypso Heather which I think will work nicely. If the mitts are a success I'll put the pattern up, otherwise you'll probably never hear mention of them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment