Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Piece of Crafting History

I received the most touching gift yesterday from a senior citizen client (and friend) from work yesterday. She stopped into my office just days before I take off for maternity leave to give me this sweater that was crocheted by her grandmother:



I couldn't be happier to receive such a special gift for my daughter! When I let her know that I would be sure to take care of it and return it to her in good condition when our baby outgrows it, she made the gift even more special by telling me to keep it and pass it down in my family. I'm reeling from the honor! I figured out that this will be the 4th generation of this sweater, and I intend to keep it going.

The thing that I found interesting was that she had chosen me and my daughter to receive such a special piece of her family history. Guy surmised that she recognized that a knitter like me would understand and cherish this gift more than another non-crafter might. And I suppose he's right about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment