Friday, September 18, 2009

Mmm... Sherbet

It's official, I have started my very first knit item for our little baby girl. It's not that I didn't want to start knitting something for her, it's just that no pattern was really yelling to be made. When I stopped in at Ancient Pathways last week to order the ball of yarn for my shawl they were having a trunk show of Anzula yarn (the same company that made the yarn that I used for Waiting Room). I found this gorgeous superwash merino/nylon blend that looks just like Sherbet (it's a little lighter in shade than the pictures make it appear).



I couldn't resist and I knew that I needed to make something for baby girl!

When I got home I started queuing baby sweaters and ponchos. I decided to go with Twinkle. So far it's been easy going, and I'm at the garter ridge of the yolk. I'm thinking on the arms and the body I'll add in cables (because I love knittin' me some cables) rather than just going with a stockinette or lacy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment