Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the grind

We just said farewell to our final house guest, having had various friends in town with us off and on over the last two weeks. Now that they're gone I've got to get back in the habit of the day to day, but visits like this remind me that I love to have company because it's a brief opportunity to suspend real life (bills? what bills?) and really just enjoy life.
Throughout these weeks I've been working intermittently on an original pattern for some mitts. This has me stymied! I had this vision, and it just doesn't seem to be working out, no matter how many times I've worked and re-worked it. I'm starting to come to a place in the pattern where it's looking okay, but something just isn't right. I think I might have overestimated my designing capabilities with this project. The worst thing is that I keep looking through patterns on ravelry and finding things that are nearly the same as what I'm working on and thing, "why not just scrap it and make one of those?" It's frustrating. Who am I kidding?

1 comment:

  1. Don't give up! I'm still churning out the squares. Almost done with # 15, now I'm over the hump and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete