Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Yeah, I said it.

Guy & I love to get festive over the holidays - the decorations, the music, the corny Christmas movies, all of it. Is it cheesy? Absolutely! Is it still fun? Definitely! Today we spent the better part of the day finishing up the shopping then I spent the evening wrapping everything up and stuffing it under the tree. From here on out, we can just sitback and take in the holidays - and by that I mean rush around to all of the parties and family events that we have scheduled.



As I wrapped, I realized just how much I'd been downplaying all my holiday knitting. More than a few times I'd said, "I'm not really doing much Christmas knitting this year" and what's worse is that I truly believed it! That is, until today when I counted 19 knitted gifts. 19??!! Oh, yeah, noooo I didn't do any Christmas knitting at all. Barely any! Add in the two Christmas sweaters for the dogs and my count hits 21 (No fake ID needed, thank you very much). I can't wait to see what happens when I actually do put my mind to knitting Christmas gifts - sign me up for carpal tunnel surgery when that happens. Good grief!

2 comments:

  1. 19? Crazy! My count is at 7 and holding. I bought 11 more skeins of yarn today, only for 3 do I have a project in mind for. Oh, and your tree is great- Mr. Potato Head is very popular at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?? I love projectless yarn - so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete